Submitting a poem to the World Poetry Series
World Poetry Series is a new publication initiative aimed to promote quality literary arts contributions that enlighten the humanity by universally elevating the importance of the respect and appreciation of human rights around the world.
World Poetry Series is projected to be an ongoing publication series of books that contains a collection of literary arts contributions, quintessentially being a selection of original works of poetry from poets around the world.
While the main publication language of the poetry contributions of this series is projected to be English, submissions in various other languages, such as Aragonese, Asturian, Castilian, Catalan, Chinese, simplified and traditional, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Italian, Occitan and Portuguese are also considered. Naturally, the final publishing decision in each language is made based on the total number of quality submissions received, meaning that World Poetry Series seeks to use a single publication language in each book published. This policy has been chosen to the ease of classification, cataloguing as well as marketing the book around the world literary arts markets.
1. Qualifying original poetry submissions are encouraged to be submitted to the World Poetry Series by sending them as an email attachment that is a MS Word 2007 compatible document to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The poems submitted are expected to be formatted in 12 pt Times New Roman font with 1.5 line spacing.
3. Each contribution is requested to be submitted in the exact word lining considered as the most appropriate, the most desired for the poetic contribution as determined by the poet given the work’s literary rhythm and form.
4. Since the emphasis of the contributions to be published is on the quality, the exact nature of the content and the linguistic form of expression, there are no length restrictions. For multiple page submissions, however, adding the page numbering is requested.
5. The submissions are requested to be accompanied by a sentence or two describing the context of the poem, highlighting its relevance for the human rights, in addition to which each submission should be accompanied by a brief biography of the poet, which details his or her region of origin.
As indicated above, authors are instructed to send their World Poetry Series submissions to the email address email@example.com. The submission fee to cover the review and editorial costs of the publisher is 100 HKD (circa 11 euros) per poem submitted. Given the quality and content emphasis, multiple submissions of qualifying poems are allowed. At the time of submission, the submission fee must be paid via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or via credit card. In each submission payment, kindly indicate the title of the poem(s), the name of the author and the date of submission.
You may pay the submission fee via paypal to email@example.com or use the below paypal payment option provided below that allows for a credit card payment:
Acceptance terms of conditions
If a poem submitted is accepted to be published in the World Poetry Series, it is assumed that at the time of submission, the author has agreed to render to the right of publication, meaning that he or she allows the publication right to their original literary arts work to Authentic Vegan Publishing. This means that he or she after submitting their literary arts contribution to be reviewed by the World Poetry Series editorial staff agrees not to seek its publication elsewhere, i.e. in a competing publication outlet, before receiving the publication decision. The publication decisions are sought to be completed within one week from paid submission.
Qualifying World Poetry Series authors are expected to purchase at least one copy of the book that contains their poem. This book is either
(1) a dustjacket hardcover edition, priced generally around 49 euros plus shipping and handling costs,
(2) an imagewrap hardcover edition, priced general around 47 euros plus shipping handling costs or
(3) a softcover edition priced generally around 39 euros plus shipping and handling costs.
Furthermore, authors are requested to encourage their local libraries and other institutions as well as all interested individuals in their social and intellectual surroundings to acquire a copy in order to promote their professionalism on the field of literary arts, essentially to enhance their professional recognition and standing within their surroundings.